In this episode of Drunken Money we tackle the subject of financial advisors. We interview Cody Matthews, a financial advisor at Northwestern Mutual, and find out:
- How should a millennial choose a financial advisor?
- When should a millennial get a financial advisor?
- Why is a financial advisor better than doing it yourself?
- How can a financial advisor help plan for the future?
- Who does not need to get a financial advisor (the answer may surprise you)?
We also discover:
- How to effortlessly transition to a new city where you only know one person.
- Love at second date (very fun story).
- The secret to building a great client relationship.
- How to quit your job and take a chance on a new career (Cody was almost the next great Dick’s Sporting Goods salesman).
- Advice for making the leap to owning your own business.
You can contact Cody at email@example.com, or “like” his business Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/codymatthewsnm/.
If you enjoyed this episode, please let us know at John@DrunkenMoney.com or Paul@DrunkenMoney.com, leave us a review on iTunes, and be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter at DrunkenMoney.com/Subscribe.