Elina Pereira and Riley Hook from Guardian Owl Digital Boutique give us a crash course in SEO:
Have you wanted to improve your website’s SEO? In this episode, we team up with SEO pros to learn about SEO in a Nutshell!
SEO in a Nutshell:
- Riley discusses what it’s like to be an intern at Guardian Owl Digital Boutique.
- Elina discusses the difference between SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Search Engine Marketing.
- Elina describes what it was like moving to Louisville from New Jersey and how she has adjusted to a new city. She talks about what she likes about Louisville and also what she misses the most about New Jersey.
- The Guardian Owl team gives Drunken Money tips on how to improve our SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- We learn how to determine our optimal SEO keyword by using Google Adwords.
- Make sure each page has 1,00 words or more to show Google you are trustworthy.
- Optimize your pictures (add descriptions and details) to increase your Google visibility.
- Make sure your keywords are not too short (use long-tailed keywords) to decrease competition.
Last call questions and answers:
- Best career advice:
- How to maximize your internships by having great relationships with your co-workers.
- Prioritize what is important.
- What advice would your 60-year-old self give you today?
- Stop worrying so much
- Try new things
- Best thing spent money on the past 6 months:
- Wedding present
- What media do you recommend:
Special shoutouts and show notes:
- Brewgrass Homebrew Supply
- Blue Moon
- University of Louisville Field Hockey
- Squirrly SEO
- Google Adwords
- Google Analytics Certification
- Gary Vaynerchuck
- YPAL (Young Professionals Association of Louisville)
Have any topics you want to be covered or entrepreneurs you’d like us to interview? Let us know! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin. Please be sure to subscribe to our weekly mailing list at drunkenmoney.com/subscribe.
Elina Pereira is a New Jersey native who ventured out to Louisville to follow her passions in field hockey and in business. She is a recent graduate of the University of Louisville where she earned her Bachelors Degree in Business Marketing while also earning minors in both International Business and Entrepreneurship. While juggling school, she played four years on University Of Louisville’s Varsity Field Hockey team in the position of a goalkeeper. While playing, her team earned a spot in the NCAA’s Sweet Sixteen three consecutive years in a row.
When she’s not at work or playing the occasional pick-up game of field hockey, you can find her reading books on her back porch, going for bike rides around Louisville, coaching the local club field hockey team, or in her kitchen baking some fresh treats for her friends and family. She hopes to one day own her own business, whether it be a bakery or a different passion she wants to follow.
Riley graduated from DuPont Manual High School, now attends the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina and interns at Guardian Owl Digital Boutique during the summer.
In his free time, you’re likely to find Riley, a classic extrovert and terrified of loneliness, surrounded by peers. He also enjoys playing soccer and fancies himself quite the decent player. Riley is passionate about his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky and everything in it, especially the Cardinal Basketball team. If you see him around town, say hi! His favorite thing is meeting new people and you might even enjoy talking to him!